Test procedure for obtaining IS6312 from Indian Institute of packaging.
1. DROP TEST ( Drop Height : 1.20 mtrs.) a. First barrel was dropped diagonally on closure. b. Second barrel was dropped flat on top. c. Third barrel was dropped flat on narrow face. d. Fourth barrel was dropped diagonally on bottom corner. e. Fifth barrel was dropped on bottom.
OBSERVATION : Neither rupture nor leakage was observed from any of the tested barrels.
2. CLOSURE LEAKAGE TEST: Filled barrels were kept upside dowm on the floor for one hour.
OBSERVATION : No leakage was through the closures.
3. HYDRAULIC PRESSURE TEST: Hydraulic guage pressure of 1.1 kg/cm2 was applied inside the barrel for a period of 5 minutes.
OBSERVATION : Neither rupture nor leakage was observed from the barrel.
4. ENVIORNMENTAL STREE CRACK RESISTANCE TEST: The section of the barrel were placed in the test liquid at 80 ± 2º C for 48 hours.
OBSERVATION : No cracking was observed.
5. STACK LOAD TEST : A superimposed weight was placed on a flat surface resting on the top of the barrel for a period of 28 days. The weight of equivalent to the total weight of filled identical barrels, which could be stacked on it during transport. ( Stacking height : 3.0 mtrs.) (Test was performed at the Institute)
OBSERVATION : Neither deformation nor leakage was observed.